January 29, 2013

Kitchen Story: 15 Minute Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

Time needs to go by A LOT slower. Reality is setting in too quickly and is getting too comfortable in my life. I can't take it! Can we rewind back to the good ol' M1 days?

Reality is also setting in my tummy...stress eating is striking hard and I just cannot stop. Studying is SO bad for your health. It should be outlawed. This is why children are obese these days, they're just studying too hard. Never mind, I should probably just drop that case since no one's buying...

Anyway, I was studying yesterday and craving something sweet. We also have a million bananas at home (If you follow me on Instagram, you have your proof) and they're getting ripe so I wanted to make use of them. While I could've made my Banana Bread, I didn't want to wait an hour for it to bake,  nor did I want more than 3 dishes to wash.

So I put my quick-thinking cap on, looked in our pantry and got an idea. I grabbed a box of cake mix and came up with this recipe for Banana Choc Chip Cookies! All it took was 15 minutes and left very few dishes to wash (1 bowl, 1 fork, 1 spoon)! These cookies were a delicious accompaniment to my studying. I hope you enjoy them too!

Ingredients (makes about 1 dozen cookies) 

1/2 box of Yellow Cake Mix
1 mashed banana
1 Tbsp oil
1 egg
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
 Preheat your oven to 350 deg F. Set aside a prepared baking sheet (I used foil on a baking sheet).

Mix all the ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl until well incorporated. As usual, I used a fork to mix everything.

Drop tablespoon sizes of the mix on a prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart (they will spread).

Bake for 11-14 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly pressed with your fingertip.
Let cool for a few minutes and transfer them to a cookie rack to cool completely.
Go bananas with these cookies & ENJOY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...