May 28, 2013

Style Story: BE BOLD, BE BRIGHT

Spring is one of my favorite times of the year. Well, not the part where I have to walk in pouring rain...it never turns out like those romantic rainy scenes in movies, especially with the Chicago wind...I end up looking more like a wet unattractive mess. But what I do love about spring is that color breaks out from the darkness of winter. The sun shines longer, the flowers bloom & people start wearing brighter colors! 

My new obsession is with bright colored pants. I know it's been a thing for a couple years already, but I've shied away from it for various reasons. When I visited Hong Kong recently, we were browsing Bossini and found a great deal for adorable colored ankle pants. I fell in love with the colors and I had to give in and buy them. 

Some may pair their colored jeans with a more neutral top which is totally great, but I love pairing them with even more color & prints! And spring is the perfect time of the year to mix colors & experiment with your style! Be bold & be bright with your style! Here's how I wore them:

Two of my besties and I wore yellow pants to school on the same day!! We promise it wasn't planned! I love how they styled their pants too! Look at those beautiful colors :)
Red Swing Jacket: Forever 21
Pants: Bossini
Shoes: Toms

Top: Old Navy
Sweater: The Limited
Pants: Bossini
Ring: Jeweliq

Here are other ways I would pair them:
Simple prints.
 Top: Old Navy (old)
I have polka dot fever... 
Top: Forever 21
This is my favorite color combo...Blue & Maize (GO BLUE!) 
Top: Romp (from Malaysia)
PRINTS PRINTS PRINTS!
Top: Wet Seal (old)

Hope you enjoyed this post! Remember, BE BOLD, BE BRIGHT this season and all year round!

2 comments:

  1. wowowwww so honored that kainat and i made your blog post :P
    Can't wait til our next dinner club!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honored to be friends with such stylish ladies <3
      me too!! I love our foodie adventures!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...