December 25, 2013

Decor Storyboard: Merry Christmas

MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

It's unbelievable that Christmas is here already! This year, especially, flew by probably due to the busyness of my life. But I'm so thankful to get to celebrate the birth of our Savior at home and rest.

As always, I've procrastinated and I just finished decorating the house. A million ideas have been floating through my head and it took a while for me to decide what I wanted to do this year. I wanted to do something different from the usual red, green, white, gold and silver. So, for the dining room, I created a pastel winter tablescape which I am currently obsessed with since it's different and it was a fun challenge.

For the tablescape, I made 3 trees with styrofoam cones from Dollar Tree wrapped in ribbon. Each tree has its own style and I created each one as ideas popped into my head. I'll try to make a tutorial if there are any requests, but it should be pretty simple to recreate from these pictures. (The ribbons are kept in place with tiny pins.)





Then I bought pastel blue & pink ornaments from Hobby Lobby & Dollar Tree to scatter around for the similar "organized chaos" effect I've used in past Christmases.


Of course, the reason for the season, a Precious Moments nativity scene that I found in our boxes of decor. The colors are perfect. And then I added some pretty pastel candles I found in my mom's collection.


To top it all off, I hung blue icicles from the chandelier for some vertical dimension to the tablescape.


Just to be complete, here are other Christmas decorations scattered around the rest of the house. I decided to go simple with the rest of the decor since most people are enjoying each other's company than the surroundings (or so I've noticed at our Christmas parties).







My sister and I did not get a chance to record a Christmas video this year since we aren't together for the first time ever! Super sad, but I'll leave you with all of our past Christmas videos that I hope will bring another smile to you on this joyous day.


Merry Christmas friends! I hope you are able to spend the season with the ones you love!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...